Water damage can wreak havoc on your home, leaving behind a trail of destruction that can take a toll on your health and finances. If your home has been flooded or has experienced water damage, it is essential to act fast and call in professional restoration services as soon as possible. Acting within the first 24 to 48 hours is critical to prevent further damage, save your belongings, and ensure a safe living environment.
Consequences of Delaying Water Damage Clean-Up
- Health Risks: Prolonged exposure to moisture can lead to the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause respiratory problems, skin irritation, nausea, inflammation, and other immune system issues. Research indicates that wet drywall left untreated for 48 hours shows excessive evidence of mold growth, making it crucial to act quickly and call in professionals to clean up the water damage.
- Bacterial Exposure: If you delay clean-up, the stagnant water can lead to sewer line backup, causing bacterial exposure. The longer the water sits in your home, the more the mold and microbes breed, resulting in an unpleasant smell that can penetrate the fabrics of your carpet and furniture, clothing, and other cloth items. The longer you wait, the more challenging it becomes to clean up, increasing the likelihood of having to dispose of your personal items.
- Difficulty in Cleaning: Waiting to call in professional restoration services can make cleaning up more challenging and costly. Flooded drywall, ceiling tiles, and flooring are likely to be damaged and will require replacement if left untreated for over 24 hours.
- Preservation of Personal Items: If you have personal items like antiques, furniture, jewelry, or clothing that you want to keep and restore, it is essential to contact restoration services within 24 hours. Acting quickly can increase the chances of saving your possessions and reducing the cost of replacement services.
In summary, timely water damage restoration is crucial to prevent further damage, protect your health, preserve your belongings, and save you money. Therefore, it is imperative to call in professional restoration services immediately after experiencing water damage.
Comprehensive Checklist for Water Damage Restoration
If you have recently experienced water damage, it is crucial to act fast and take the following steps to ensure a comprehensive water damage restoration process:
- Assessment: The first step is to call in the professionals at Roth Companies to conduct a thorough walk-through assessment with your insurance company. They will evaluate the extent of the damage and examine the contents of your home to determine what can be salvaged and what needs to be replaced.
- Water Removal: Begin the water removal process by getting rid of materials like carpets and carpet pads that cannot be repaired. Utilize wet/dry vacs to remove the water, then bring in high-powered dehumidifiers, commercial air movers, and fans to start the drying process.
- Check for Hidden Moisture: Use a humidity level checker to identify areas with hidden moisture, mold, or mildew. Check wall cavities, ceilings, and behind cabinets, as these areas can be prone to significant water damage.
Professional Flood Damage Restoration Services
At Houston Restore PROS, we provide 24/7 emergency water extraction services to help prevent further damage. Our team of experts is equipped with dehumidifiers, air movers, and dryers to handle even the most extensive water damage and flooding issues.
Call us today to restore your home to its pre-loss condition quickly and efficiently. Our team is dedicated to providing the best water damage restoration services to ensure your peace of mind.